Here we collect some of the best 3d animation software both paid and free which is using in the animation industry.
The Best 3d Animation Software: Paid
1. Autodesk Maya
The software original author Alias Systems Corporation currently owned and developed by Autodesk. Maya is an industry standard application with different modules and a customizable user interface.
This is one of the best animation software used by professional animators and animation studios. It is not only for animation, there are different modules like modeling, Rigging, Fx, and Rendering.
It is an interactive 3D application used to create video games, animated films, TV series, or visual effects. Maya is available for different operating systems like Windows, OS X, and Linux. Know more at the official website Autodesk.
- Advanced features Easy to build different workflows
- It is a Complete 3D package software
- Available for different operating systems
2. Cinema 4D
The software is developed by Maxon Computers GmbH in Germany. Cinema 4D is good for creating animation videos and motion graphics. It has different modules like 3D modeling, animation, and rendering. It’s capable of procedural and polygonal/sub modeling, and long established elements determined in 3D modeling applications.
- Ease of use
- Compatibility with 3rd party plugins and render engines
- Needs to improve Modeling workflow and UV editing
3. Autodesk 3ds Max
Autodesk 3ds Max is a professional 3D computer graphics program for making 3D animations, models, games, and more. Max has its own modeling capabilities, flexible plugins for architecture. The application is developed by Autodesk.
- Good interface, easy to understand
- Strong stability, less crash count
- Not good for simulation and Dynamics
- Fewer animation tools
Houdini is 3d software for fx and animation, the application is developed by Toronto-based SideFX, which adopted it from the PRISMS suite of procedural generation software tools. The Facet results adapted Houdini from the PRISMS suite of procedural new release program tools. Its extraordinary attention to procedural generation distinguishes it from different 3D programs.
Houdini has been utilized in quite a lot of function animation productions, together with Disney’s feature movies Frozen and Zootopia. The Blue Sky Studios movie Rio, and DNA Productions and Bully.
- New tools for poly modeling
- Massive tools for dynamic and fluid simulation
- Hard to learn
- Lack of a functioning document
- Fewer animation tools
5. Autodesk MotionBuilder
Motionbuilder is also professional 3D animation software by Autodesk. It’s used for digital creation, motion capture, and natural keyframe animation. It was once originally named Filmbox when it was first created by Canadian company Kaydara, later received by way of Alias and renamed as MotionBuilder. Alias in turn used to be got via Autodesk.
It is certainly utilized in movies, video games, television production, as well as other 3d projects. Mainstream examples include assassin’s Creed, Killzone 2, and Avatar.
- More compatible integration with other Autodesk Programs
- Good for motion capture projects
- Very limited too
- complex for beginners
Softimage is a 3D graphics software owned by Autodesk. It used to carate 3D images 3D modeling and computer animation. FormerlyXSI, the application was mainly used in the film, video game, and promoting industries for developing computer generated characters, objects, and environments.
• User created scripts and plugins
• Ultra convenient edit poly modifier and best spline system
• Takes time to learn, normal align tool and UV mapping take little work
• Compatibility issues and it is not cross-platform
The IClone is a real-time 3D animation and rendering software that allows users to make 3D animated movies. Real-time playback is enabled by making use of a 3D videogame engine for immediate on-display rendering.
Different functionality includes full facial animation lip-syncing and skeletal animation of 3D Rigs. It also supports the import of ordinary 3D file forms together with FBX. A timeline for editing and merging motions, a scripting language (Lua) for persona interplay, application of average motion-seize records.
The potential to manipulate an animated scene in the same method as playing a videogame. It has the import of units from Google 3D Warehouse, among many other elements.
• Simple characters and rendering features
• Best tool to accelerate animation pipeline, class model designing
• Needs a lot of memory to work fluently
• Costly and hard for first time users
8. LightWave 3D
LightWave 3D is a 3D computer graphics and animation software developed by NewTek. It using in the film and television industry for creating visual effects, video games development, product design, architectural visualizations, and more.
• Good modeling workflow and fast rendering
• Very flexible and easy to learn
• Limited 3rd party rendering software support such as VRay
• Lack of ability to interface with After effects
The Best 3d Animation Software: Free
Blender is professional, free animation software. It includes many features compared to other Animation Softwares. You can create animated movies, visual effects, artwork, 3D printed models, interactive 3D packages, and video games.
Blender features include 3D modeling, sculpting, UV unwrapping, texturing, raster graphics modifying, rigging and skinning, fluid and smoke simulation, particle simulation. It also includes tender frame simulation, camera monitoring, rendering.
• Free and open-source with a lot of features
• Incredibly customizable input
• Lack of proper motion capture
• Harder to get into SFM
2. DAZ Studio
DAZ Studio is software produced by means of DAZ 3D, for 3D artwork and animation production and as a rendering device. This software uses Genesis’ platform with multi-file add, import, and export capabilities. It is suitable with different designs, 3D artwork, and animation software solutions.
It is available at no cost, however, registration is required. Version 1.0 used to be released in Fall 2005. DAZ program for making 3d video games, commercials, animation, and rendering. Know more
• DAZ models are very high quality and detailed
• Excellent and free resource that works like a poser
• Cannot allow creating own models
• Problem with troubleshooting
Clara.io is a cloud-based premium 3D computer graphics software developed by Exocortex, a Canadian program manufacturer. Tt has 3D modeling, animation, and rendering tool that runs in your web browser.
With Clara.io you can create animation and complex 3D models, also create photorealistic renderings without installing any software programs.
Clara.Io was once announced in July 2013 and first awarded as part of the legitimate SIGGRAPH 2013 application. Clara.Io claimed to have 26,000 registered users in January 2014, which grew to 85000 via December 2014. Check it now
• Comprehensive animation functions
• Easily translate creativity
• Requires internet access
It’s not easy to say one software is the best, each software has its own tools for different tasks. You have to choose depending on your needs and requirements for the project. We hope that we collected some useful information which helps you. Please suggest and correct by comment below if anything goes wrong.