Color Marker is a small Outliner and Viewport management script for Autodesk Maya that will allow you to add different colors in Outliner and the View-port (mesh wireframe, deformers, curves, emitters, joints…) making it way easier to see and arrange stuff if you are dealing with the heavy scene.
DOWNLOAD COLOR MARKER FOR MAYA
If you already have the script and you have a Gumroad account check the product page and the download should be there. Please check also product info and release notes for more info.
With the download, there is also a Help file which shorty goes over every feature in Color Marker.
> v3.0 – release date: 15.01.2018
- New – Option to choose wireframe color assign method. Either using Drawing Override on Transform node or using Maya tool “Wireframe color”. This will also allow you to use Color Marker together with Display Layers.
- New – Option to set color palette preset size
- Update – “Select” option should now be significantly faster to select lots of objects as well as it supports multi-selection which means you can select, for example, 2 objects with different colors and it will select all other objects with those 2 colors.
- Other minor features, go over in the video below (how to use section).
> v2.1 – release date: 11.06.2017
- Added option to quickly randomize wireframe colors on selected objects.
> v2.0 – release date: 28.12.2016
- Option to set “Viewport” color – color for object(mesh) wireframes, locators, curves, deformers, joints, emiters.
- Set the same color for the Outliner and in the Viewport at the same time
- Color correction for Outliner
> v1.0 – release date: 01.09.2016
HOW TO USE
- v1.0 – Quick Overview / Installation (Vimeo) > HERE
- v2.0 – What’s new (Vimeo) > HERE
- v2.1 – What’s new (Vimeo) > HERE
- v3.0 – What’s new (Vimeo) > HERE
INSTALLATION > Load Script (.mel file only) in the Script Editor and run “Execute All” or/and Save Script to Shelf.