Munkei Character Rig has advanced controls with facial expressions and GUI. You need to install the Maya plugin available with the rig to open the file without a problem.
How to install plugins
- In the plugins folder included with this rig. You will find folders corresponding to certain Maya versions.
- Locate the folder with the same version as the Maya you will be using.
- For windows: RigSystem.mll For OSX: RigSystem.bundle
- On Windows, the default plug-in location is: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya<version>\bin\plug-ins.
- On Mac OS X, the default locations are: /Applications/Autodesk/maya<version>
- After installing Maya check both of these locations for valid plug-ins. Before opening the rig in the scene, these plugins need to be loaded.
- Maya main menubar goes to windows > Settings/Preferences > Plug-in Manager
Place the plugin in the correct folder to works properly. Now search for RigSystem.mll in Maya plugins.
You can also browse for the plugin using “browse”. Use “Autoload” for the plugin to loaded automatically next time you start Maya. Now you can open the rig without a problem.
Munkei Character Rig all resources included in this package (including but not limited to the 3D model. Geometry, textures, renders, documents, rig, plugins, and tools) are licensed. Use for personal educational use only.