Master Class ZBrush Rock Sculpting Tutorial for Gaming and Film VFX Workflow for 3D Modeling in 3DCoat Voxels, ZBrush and Modo for Gaming and Film VFX
Master Class ZBrush Rock Sculpting Tutorial for Gaming and Film VFX
hi everyone, this is Aaron from IndieDungeon.com and I’m happy to show our first tutorial video. In the video we go over the full details of sculpting and texturing a rock formation. our workflow starts out sculpting in voxels using 3DCoat, then we move on to use Zbrush to complete the modeling and surfacing process and finally on to Modo where we create and bake out texture and normal maps. This tutorial is suitable for film VFX or gaming industry professionals interested in gaining advanced knowledge of a voxel sculpting workflow to improve efficency.
In this tutorial I will show the following stages:
- Create Basic shape in 3DCoat using voxels primitives.
- Begin the sculpting process in 3DCoat
- Techniques for achieving a very natural look by subtractive voxel rock sculpting
- Techniques for sculpting cracks in voxels using plane tool
- Voxel surfacing techniques in 3DCoat using stencils and extrude
- ZBrush technique for sculpting photographed cracks into the model using alpha and dragrect tool
- Zbrush Noisemaker model surfacing techniques
- Poly reduction using ZBrush Decimation Master
- Creating UV’s using ZBrush UV Master
- Using Modo to create the texture
- Using Modo to create multiple occlusion layers to bring out cracks
- Using Modo to highlight rock edges using occlusion layers
- Using Modo to bake textures and normal maps
- Assembly and display of the real-time ready 3D asset in Marmoset Toolbag.
Subscribe for future tutorials.