Autodesk has announced the release of Maya 2022 with new features and plugins. The new plugin USD added it’s seamlessly integrated, allowing you to load and edit large data sets fast and work directly with data using native tools. This has been in the pipeline for a while, it was first announced at SIGGRAPH 2018 as a joint effort with Pixar, Animal Logic, Luma Pictures, and Blue Sky Studios.
The Maya 2020 character animation tools, Rigging, and modeling toolsets see big updates to help you work faster and with more precision, and the latest version of Arnold brings more speed and flexibility to your rendering workflows.
The new features and updates in Maya 2022 with USD plugin
- New Maya 2022 animation tools, including a new Ghosting Editor that allows artists to quickly see animation spacing over time. The improvements to the Time Editor, and new filters in the Graph Editor.
- Several procedural, topology-independent rigging workflows. Component Tags and Deformer Falloffs provide modern methods for defining membership and weighting, as well as seamlessly sharing that data between geometry and deformers. Maya’s deformation toolset also gets bigger with new Solidify and Morph deformers.
- A new Sweep Mesh tool to procedurally generate geometry and adjust attributes with a single click.
- The Maya 2022 has added a new Game Vertex Count plugin plus. Other improvements to the modelling experience including pivot improvements, an upgraded extrude thickness tool, faster lasso selection, and more.
- Arnold 6.2 with new imagers for light mixing, bloom effects, and denoising. Other changes include GPU improvements, enhanced USD support, and integration with OpenColorIO v2.
- Python 3 is now the default for Maya on Windows, Linux, and Mac OS.
- A faster and more modern user experience with reduced startup time and customizable preferences, splash screen improvements, and intuitive script editor enhancement.
Know more from official Maya’s blog.